Last Visited: July, 2002
Burkhaven Light is one of three lighthouses that was built on Lake Sunapee in the late 1800's to aid the boaters of that era.
Nearest Address: 74 Main Street, Sunapee, NH
- The lighthouses on Lake Sunapee can only be seen by boat. Sunapee Cruises at Sunapee Harbor runs their cruises from Memorial Day to Labor Day at 2pm. See their website at http://www.sunapeecruises.com for more details. Here are directions to the Main dock at Sunapee Harbor.
- From Route 93 take Route 89 north.
- Stay on Route 89 for 35 miles and take exit 12.
- At the end of the ramp take a left onto Route 11 towards Sunapee.
- Take Route 11 for 5.2 miles into Sunapee. Take a left onto Main St. (you'll see a sign for the harbor).
- Follow Main St. for about 1/2 mile where you'll come to the Main Dock. You'll see the country store and trading post on your left. Find a parking spot and go into the Trading Post to buy your tickets for the cruise.
View Larger Map