Last Visited: June, 2002
Reed's Lighthouse was built by Boston news photographer A.B. Reed in 1932. The light sits on the point of his summer estate on the western shore of Newfound Lake.
Thanks to our friends Paul and Joanne who took us out on their boat that allowed us to get these photos.
The GPS coordinates below are approximate...
Nearest Address: 721 W Shore Rd, Alexandria, NH
- This lighthouse can only be seen from the water. The following directions will get you to the southern tip of Newfound Lake. From there you may be able to find a place to rent a boat or find someone to take you out on a boat to view the lighthouse.
- From Route 93 take exit 23, Route 104. If coming from the south, take a left on 104. If coming from the north, take a right on Route 104.
- Stay on Route 104 for 5.8 miles into Bristol.
- Just past the center of town Route 104 goes to the left. Stay straight and go onto Route 3A.
- Keep on 3A for 2.5 miles. At this point you will get to the intersection with West Shore Road, coming in from the left. You are now at the southern tip of Newfound Lake.
View Larger Map